Germany defeat Japan in front of a record-breaking crowd
Germany tonight defeated Japan 4-2 at home in front of 46,104 people at the Allianz Arena, which is a European record for a women’s friendly.
Leonie Maier, who only made her debut for the Frauen nationalmannschaft this year, scored the opening goal on a superb strike already in the 17th minute. Shinobu Ohno then equalized for Japan in the 40th minute, however, setting the half time score to 1-1. The second half immediately brought a penalty that Célia Okoyino da Mbabi placed in the net (47’). Japan came back again with a goal from Yūki Ōgimi (60’), but in the final minutes of the game it was all Germany, with the team scoring two goals in just four minutes. First a shot from da Mbabi was deflected in (87’), before Simone Laudehr scored on another penalty (90+1’).
The match was Germany’s final friendly before this summer’s EURO 2013 which will kick off in just 11 days on July 10. Germany will play it’s first match on July 11 against Iceland.
- trevettedeveaux reblogged this from wosoamerica
- letitbuildyou reblogged this from wosoamerica
- noturregularblog reblogged this from wosoamerica
- jopara likes this
- wosoamerica reblogged this from womenseurofootball
- madlangii likes this
- dont-judge-any1 likes this
- hey-im-ghayye reblogged this from womenseurofootball
- rebirth718 likes this
- womenseurofootball posted this